Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

WWE Night of Champions Review


This past Sunday, I went to WWE Night of Champions in Nashville. I had been to a few events over the years but I had never been to a PPV event so I was pretty excited going in. It was a pretty good show and I will take a quick look at all the matches and give you my thoughts.

Goldust and Stardust defeat the USOS

This was a great way to start the show and got the crowd hot at the start. I really liked the backstory behind Goldust and Stardust. We thought they would break up, we got the transformation from Cody Rhodes to Stardust and then the heel turn. The Usos had a great run with the belts but it was time to put it on another team.

Sheamus defeats Cesaro

This was pretty boring for the first few minutes as it mainly consisted of punches and kicks. It got much better the second half of the match. I wish they had put the belt on Cesaro. This guy has so much potential and is better than the majority of the guys in the locker room. 

The Miz defeats Dolph Ziggler

Let me say that I LOVE Damien Mizdow. I know that he deserves better and should be higher up on the card but give the man credit. He takes anything goofy and turns into gold. He adds so much to the Miz and they should keep the 2 together. This wasn't that great of a match and I do not understand why they had Florida Georgia Line there. I also do not understand why they would put the title on the Miz after Ziggler just won it from him. O well.

Return of Dean Ambrose

It was unfortunate that Roman Reigns was not able to be there. I was really looking forward to that match. The crowd went NUTS for Dean Ambrose. He is amazing. He will be the breakout star of the Shield.

Rusev defeats Mark Henry

It was cool hearing the National Anthem before the match. That was the one highlight of this match. We all knew Rusev was winning. They need to start putting him in longer matches so we know if Rusev is the real deal or not. 

Randy Orton beats Chris Jericho

Best match of the night. The result was obvious but they put on a great match that the crowd was into. You could see the RKO coming a mile away when Jericho went to the top rope. Does he not watch film of other past Orton matches?

AJ Lee defeats Paige and Nikki Bella

Not a bad match with a surprise ending. I thought that Paige would retain. Just like the IC title, why put it back on AJ when Paige just won it? I was also surprised that Brie Bella never showed up.

John Cena defeats Brock Lesnar by DQ

Let me say that Brock Lesnar is a beast! I could tell even sitting from the upper deck. This had a big match feel to it and the crowd was into everything. This was a pretty good match. Did not understand why Rollins cost Cena the title. I wonder if they will say the Authority sent him to make sure Cena did not win the title. I got really nervous when it looked like Rollins would cash in but thankfully Cena saved the day. Cena looked good and Lesnar looked like a beast after surviving 4 Attitude Adjustments, The STF on numerous occasions, a curb stomp and still standing tall at the end of the night. I can't remember the last time a main event on PPV ended by DQ. I don't mind if it makes sense. This will probably set up a third match between Lesnar and Cena inside Hell in a Cell which should be fun. 

Overall it was a pretty good show. Orton vs Jericho was the best match of the night but there were several other good ones plus a good main event. The next event that comes to Nashville is Monday Night Raw on Feb 23rd. That will be the night after Elimination Chamber so we will be on the Road to Wrestlemania. Should be a great show.

Until next time,

Nathan Krispin
Boy Meets Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment