Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Make Me Want to Buy A Ticket, LP Field

Much has been made of LP field and the Titans tickets prices rising next year.  It seems weird, to most of us, that prices are rising given the product that has been put on the field in the past few years.  In reality, though, the tickets have been very reasonable considering comparable markets like Charlotte and Indianapolis.  In return of rising ticket prices, fans want to see improvement.  Improvement of the game day experience and improvement in the win/loss record.  The stadium recently received a jumbo tron upgrade, but many of us would gladly trade that for better convenience and a better overall atmosphere.  here are five simple, but effective ways to provide a better game-day atmosphere in Nashville.


http://www.eseats.com/sports%20images/TitansStadium.jpg

Cheaper Food

The subtitle speaks for itself.  I can't find one person who is excited about going to a football game and spending eight dollars on a hot dog.  We're attending football games in the south, not a five star restaurant in Belize.  I'm pretty sure you would still make money on a ballpark frank charging three bucks a pop.

Better Parking

Quite frankly, I'm sick of paying 20 bucks to park across the river and have to walk a mile and half over a bridge to get to the stadium's campus (yes I know that there are other places to park, but not everyone reading this does).  There is plenty of room around LP Field.  If they can't make the parking work how it is now, then change it!  There is plenty of space. Buy more space if you need to.  Traffic and parking is a huge issue on game-day. There is no reason not to make this a priority.

Better Cell Phone Service

You know, sometimes at half time and TV breaks I don't want to watch Kia give away a car or root for the bunny bread bunny to win a race that's going to get me a free loaf of bread.  I want to check twitter! I want to look at my phone and see what Jim Wyatt has to say about injuries. I want to see what kind of negative spin Paul Kuharsky can put on the game even if we're up 30 to 0.  I want to see scores around the league and how my fantasy team is doing.  You know what I can't do at LP Field?  Any of those things.  Make cell phones work in your stadium, LP.

Redefine the Pro Shop
 
The first three were fairly obvious ways to improve the game-day experience, but this one isn't spouted off too much.  The jersey and gear prices are ridiculously expensive.  I can go to Ross or TJ Maxx and get Titans gear for a quarter of the pro shop asks.  I know it's not reasonable to ask for a huge price drop, but they're selling to a market that is incredibly small.  The high class and first-time game goers are the target group of people who buy gear from the pro shop.  With a reasonable price drop, and some marketing, they could sell a lot of gear.  I'd buy a hat at the game for 15 dollars, not for 30, though.

Just Win

The message of this subtitle goes out to the Titans organization.  If you really want to put butts in the seats, win games.  What we really want is to see a higher number in the left column of the win/loss chart.  Make me want to buy seats, Titans.  Win some games and see Nashville rock like it did in 1999 and the early 2000's.  Go Titans!

Trey Frisbey
Boy Meets Sports
2/6/2014
Twitter: @boymeetsports




2 comments:

  1. Just win. You can keep all that other crap. If I wanted all that other shit I would watch games at the sports pub at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt.. The other stuff brings a few hundred fans, winning brings thousands. I still love going to games either way, it's just hard to afford sometimes.

      Delete